sK1 Project :: OpenSource Solutions for Prepress
View Thread
 Print Thread
Installing on Mac - can't find GCC-4.2
jerocks
#1 Print Post
Posted on 23-04-2011 16:39

I'm trying to install uniconvertor on my Mac OS 10.6.7. When I do it fails to install because it says unable to find GCC-4.2. How do I know if/where GCC is installed? Would it already be installed on my Mac (from factory) or do I need to install gcc-4.2.2 myself? I downloaded GCC-4.2.2 but am not sure how to install it either! I don't see the standard python setup file and gcc seems like a huge challenge to install.

I have inkscape installed and am trying to open up Adobe Illustrator files. I think I need the uniconvertor to make this happen.

As you can tell from my questions, I am unfamiliar with this whole process...python files, etc. Any help is much appreciated.

igor
#2 Print Post
Posted on 26-04-2011 07:08

Super Administrator

As far as I understood you need working UniConvertor inside Inkscape. So the best way is to ask Inkscape developers about this issue. Inkscape contains a bundle of Python and a lot of other libraries. Therefore UniConvertor compilation is not a simple task for regular user.

We are going to support Mac platform in next UniConvertor iteration. But UniConvertor 2.0 release is scheduled on September, not earlier.
Regards,

Igor Novikov
sK1 Project

Jump to Forum: