sK1 Project :: OpenSource Solutions for Prepress
View Thread
 Print Thread
How to install sK1 inside PCLinuxOS?
rizaqu
#1 Print Post
Posted on 25-10-2009 07:28

Greetings everyone.
I'm curious about installing sK1 inside PCLinuxOS machine. I used to an Ubuntu user until I found out that Ubuntu (i.e. Intrepid and later) ain't have CinePaint in their repositories. That's why I moved to PCLinuxOS (i.e. 2009.1). PCLinuxOS has CinePaint. And surprise... PCLinuxOS' Gimp, Inkscape, and Scribus are brand new version with many features that Ubuntu doesn't. But, I personally can't find a way to install sK1 inside my PCLinuxOS system due to PCLinuxOS lack support of [tcl] and [tk] libraries.
That's it, I need help for sure. Thanks.Smile

igor
#2 Print Post
Posted on 26-10-2009 15:05

Super Administrator

Hi!

I have tested PCLinuxOS. Pretty Mandriva clone. Smile

due to PCLinuxOS lack support of [tcl] and [tk] libraries.

It's incorrect conclusion. PCLinuxOS 2009.2 contains tcl/tk by default. But unfortunately PCLinuxOS maintainer is very conservative (even some icons are from KDE 2.x Smile ) so distro includes old tcl/tk 8.4. To compile sK1 you need at least 8.5 version (current tcl/tk version in Mandriva is 8.6). So you need installing new tcl/tk version to resolve dependency. I think you can try compiling tcl/tk from SRPM.

Other distro components are good so if you will resolve tcl/tk issue there will be not a problem to build sK1 package on this platform.
Regards,

Igor Novikov
sK1 Project

rizaqu
#3 Print Post
Posted on 08-11-2009 17:54

Oh well, thank you very much for your quick reply. I've just read your post by now. I'm too busy to get involved in this forum. I'll try your suggestion. Smile

Jump to Forum: